SPECIAL AWARDS PROCEDURE
- Members in good standing may nominate a fellow member of the Section (which may include his/her self) for any of the award categories. A valid PGA Member number is required to complete the nomination form online. The nominations period has ended.
- The Aloha Section office will handle the verification process of each nominee. As a reminder, members are not eligible to be nominated for a particular award within the last two (2) years. A list of previous winners is available on the voting form.
- After the nominee has been validated, an email will be sent to the nominee requesting:
- a) confirm their acceptance of the nomination,
- b) submit a written statement on how they fit the award criteria
- c) a photo of the nominee that will be used by the Section.
The deadline to submit these three criteria was September 8 at 5:00PM.
- The Chairman of the Special Awards Committee is appointed by the President of the Aloha Section PGA.
- The Awards Committee shall consist of the Special Award winners of the previous year and the Membership Chair.
- The Awards Committee will review each nomination and use the written statement as a baseline to compare each nominee against the award criteria. The committee may, at the discretion of the Special Awards Committee Chair, include other resources either written or verbal to help the committee make the best selection possible during their conference call.
- Following the committee conference call, online voting will be used for anonymity of each committee member. Results from the online committee voting will be validated by the Aloha Section office.
- If a committee member is nominated for an award he/she will not be eligible to vote for that category and shall at the discretion of the Special Awards Committee Chair to excuse them from any discussion regarding the award.
- Once the evaluation process is complete, the Committee Chair shall review the results with the committee before submitting any recommendations to the Board of Directors for approval.
- After receiving approval from the Board of Directors, the Aloha Section office shall contact the awardees and a formal announcement will be made at the Annual Meeting – Saturday, November 19, 2017
- The recipients of the award will be recognized at the annual Ho’olaule’a Awards ceremony – Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Should you have any questions, please contact Executive Director – Wesley Wailehua (808) 593-2230.